Thursday, September 18, 2014

What Started It All

I have discovered / acknowledged my passion -- PHOTOGRAPHY.

I actually have known it for a long time.  I just did not realize it.

Photography has always been important to me.  I received my first camera in my teenage years and was totally thrilled. Almost all of my initial shots were of the sky.  Other pictures were of trees and other nature scenese.  People pictures were quite low on my list of importance.  Even now as an adult I tend to take pictures of scences instead of people.  I have even been criticized for not including people in my vacation pictures.

This year I have read and listened to books, videos and taken classes that coincidentally are all about throwing convential attitudes out the window and following what you are drawn to -- your passion.

What has influnced me?

A Thomas Jefferson Education: Teaching a Generation of Leaders for the Twenty-First Century by Oliver DeMille

Leadership Education: The Phases of Learning by Oliver DeMille, Rachel DeMille, Michele Smith and Daniel Ruesch

Thomas Jefferson Education for Teens by Oliver DeMille, Shanon Brooks and Daniel Ruesch

Monticello College in Monticello, Utah

The Piano Guys

 John Tesh

The Power of Starting Something Stupid by Richie Norton

 The Conscious Creator: Six Laws for Manifesting Your Masterpiece Life by Kris Krohn and Stephen Palmer

 Killing Sacred Cows: Overcoming the Financial Myths That Are Destroying Your Prosperity by Garrett B. Gunderson and Stephen Palmer

 While reading, listening and participating I kept thinking about photography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment